TD Propelling Black Entrepreneurship Program:
Are you a Black entrepreneur facing challenges in accessing the financing your business needs to thrive? The TD Propelling Black Entrepreneurship Program is here to empower you with the support you need.
Our program offers a grant ranging from $2,500 to $5,000 to offset the costs of obtaining professional business services. We understand that one of the most significant barriers to success for Black entrepreneurs is limited access to financing. That’s why we’re committed to making this journey smoother for you.
With this program, we aim to help Black entrepreneurs get the essential business documentation required for success. These documents, including tax filings, financial statements, and business plans, are crucial in securing the financing your business deserves.
Selected entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned service professionals. They will guide you through the process, ensuring that your business documents are not just completed but optimized to enhance your financing prospects.
- Your Business Must be Operating in Canada for Two Years or Less
- Identify as a Black-Owned Business.
- Your Business Must be Registered with the Canadian Business Registry
- In need of Business Plan, Financial Statements, and/or Tax Filing services.
Deadline to apply to cohort 2 is Monday October 23rd 6pm EST
FACE’s Executive Team
Q: What is the Propelling Black Entrepreneurship Program?
Q: What are the steps in securing a grant in the Propelling Black Entrepreneurship Program?
- Apply to the program.
- If your business meets the program’s criteria, you get invited to attend the mandatory info session.
- All attendees' applications at the info session will be reviewed, and the awards committee will select successful applications.
- Selected applicants will be contacted and connected to professional business service providers.
Q: Is the Program Grant in Cash?
Q: Can you tell me about the "Mandatory Info Session"?
Q: What is the composition of the Awards Committee?
Q: What criteria are used to review applications during the "Application Review and Selection" phase?
Q: How are finalists selected during this phase?
Q: What happens after the finalists are selected?
Q: Can you explain the purpose of the interaction with the program's professional business service providers?
Q: Why is it a requirement for businesses to have been operating in Canada for the past two years?
Q: Can you clarify what "identify as a Black-Owned Business" means?
Q: What is the significance of possessing a Business Registration Number?
Q: How many businesses are you planning to shortlist in total?
Q: Can you clarify the criteria for shortlisting regarding a nationwide spread, quality of the business, and consideration of French?
Q: What is the amount of the grant?
Q: How is the grant amount determined for each business?
Q: What are the primary qualifying factors for this program?
- Operating a business in Canada for the past two years.
- Identification as a Black-owned business.
- Possession of a Business Registration Number.
- In need of a Business Plan, Financial Statements, and or Tax Filings.